Photo Credit: Rick Sammon
Many composition elements come together when making a good photograph.
For example, when making this photograph of the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, Arizona , I used several composition techniques to make a compelling and artful photograph. The techniques used here:
- Foreground element adds a sense of depth to the image
- Separation – notice how most of the elements in the scene are separated
- Photographed from above eye level for an interesting view
- The main subject was placed off center
- Being aware of the background
- Get close
- Different layers also add a sense of depth to an image
- Fill the frame
Additionally keep in mind the the horizon line placement – in this shot it’s placed near the upper part of the frame, which is much more interesting than when the horizon line is in placed in the center of the frame
So the next time you are composing a photograph, think about all the elements that go into the making of a creative image.
Get more tips from Delkin Devices Image Maker Rick Sammon through his web site: www.ricksammon.com.